Sunday, November 9, 2008

Busy Weekend

One of the things I enjoy about digital scrapping is that it is a lot easier to change my mind or correct mistakes than when I used paper. There would be a very large box of scraps if I were not able to hit my favorite keys -- Control Z! It allows me to try things, delete, and then try something different. Most important of all is rememberingto SAVE the things I do like!
The first layout I did this weekend displayed a picture of my mother. I used Kiki Halbert's CRUSHED PLUMS. You can find it in her store at Plain Digital Wrapper, or just click on my layout and it will take you there.

For my next layout I used another kit from Kiki Halbert Designs. It is called TIMELESS, and is found at Scrapbook-Elements. Again you may click on the layout for a closer look at the kit.

Finally, I'd like to share a layout I did for a Speed Scrap. These are lots of fun to do. At a designated time, digital scrappers from all over the world meet in a chat room and get instructions for creating a layout. I was once in a group with ladies from Mexico, Australia, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, and a variety of other places. Directions are given every ten minutes by a moderator. During this time you may work on your layout using any materials that meet the guidelines. Most of the participants also chat during this time. I keep busy going back and forth from my work to the chat. Several of us have been in these together and I feel that I have made some great new friends. This continues until you have 6 instructions. You then have ONE HOUR to complete and upload your project. At that point we are able to share them and get lots of "love" for our work, while offering praise and discovering new ideas from the others. Here is my project. I used parts of 3 kits from Sunshine Scraps Studios, Delicious, Anchors Away, and Beckie Wallace's Kismet. I named it A LITTLE BOY'S TOYS and featured my puppy, Fred.
I have a new assignment as a guest on Kiki's Creative Team for this month. This is really a lot of fun. I want to say a huge Thank You to my mentor and friend, Janel. She has taught me so much and in a really short time. Check out her blog; it is awesome!

1 comment:

Janel said...

Wow you were busy this weekend! I love all the LO's you did, I especially love the way you used Kiki's paper and made drapes! Great job!!!!